The purpose of this Privacy Statement is to inform visitors about the information that Murphy Oil Company and its subsidiaries (collectively, “Company”) collect at this website, and how that information is used, stored, and disclosed.
For convenience, we provide hyperlinks to specific sections of this Privacy Statement below. Click on the links to be directed to those sections.
- YOUR CONSENT
- TRANSFER AND STORAGE OF INFORMATION ABROAD
- INFORMATION COLLECTED AT THIS WEB SITE
- HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
- DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
- ACCESS, CORRECTION, AND DELETION
- LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES
- HOW TO CONTACT US
- By using and providing information to this website, you agree to this Privacy Statement.
- If you do not agree, then do not use this site.
- We may revise this Privacy Statement from time to time, so you should check back every time you visit.
- Note that we will not retroactively change how we handle information collected without notifying you, such notice to be provided through amendment to this Privacy Statement only.
- The server(s) that make(s) this website available and databases where information may be stored may be located outside the country from which you accessed this website.
- Your personal information may be transferred abroad to a country that does not have the same privacy laws as your country of residence, and employment-related inquiries may be transferred to one of Company’s worldwide offices.
- By using this site, you consent to such collection, processing, transfer, and storage of your information.
- Some areas of the website allow users to provide information voluntarily, for example, when they submit questions and comments, register for updates and news, obtain information about job vacancies, submit resumes and applications for employment, and create employment profiles.
- Submission of personal contact information may be required to enable you to participate in certain features on this website.
- Information provided by users may include their name, physical address, e-mail address, telephone number, Social Security Number, user name and password, date of birth, gender and other demographic information, and employment and job preference.
- When you visit this website, the host’s server collects certain basic technical information automatically, such as your IP address, operating system (e.g., Microsoft Windows), browser type (e.g., Internet Explorer, Firefox), sites visited before or after this Web site, and clickstream data (e.g., pages viewed and time spent). This information is used to customize the site based on your preferences, analyze statistics and trends, and administer and improve this site and our services.
- We and our service providers (including analytics providers) may place “session” cookies on your hard drive or use other technologies, on web pages and e-mails to facilitate site navigation, personalize your experience, analyze our sites and services, retrieve your password and other information you have provided, and offer you relevant services.
- Session cookies are erased once you exit your browser or turn off your computer, and persistent cookies are more permanent bits of information that remain on your computer’s hard drive unless you delete them.
- Most web browsers allow you to set preferences to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you whenever a cookie is offered so that you can decide whether to accept it.
- If you remove or block cookies, you may not be able to use or access certain features of this Web site and services.
- We use the information collected via this website for a variety of purposes, including to communicate with you, respond to your questions and comments, improve the site content and our services, register you for certain features, customize the site to your preferences, provide you with relevant information, send you updates about job vacancies, and for any other lawful purpose related to our business.
- We may combine personal information and non-personal information collected through this website, in which case it will be treated as personal information.
- We may enhance or merge personal and non-personal information that you provide with data obtained from third parties.
- We will not share your information with third parties for their marketing purposes without your consent.
- We may share your information with certain third parties for other purposes without your consent, including: With our agents and service providers who are required to keep your personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose other than to perform services on our behalf; To safeguard the website, intellectual property, the safety of users or others, or the rights of third parties; In connection with a merger, acquisition, or transfer of assets; and as required by law or in response to a court order or legal request.
- Subject to applicable law, you may have the right to request access to and receive information about personal information we retain about you, update and correct inaccuracies, and have your personal information blocked or deleted, if appropriate.
- We may decline to process requests that are unreasonable, impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by applicable law.
- We employ reasonable security measures to protect personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure.
- Nevertheless, the Internet is not 100% secure, and we do not guarantee that our security measures are failsafe.
You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your user name and password and account information.
- This website may contain links or references to web sites not owned by us to which this Privacy Statement does not apply. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of every site you visit.
- If you have any questions, comments, requests, or concerns related to this Privacy Statement or our practices, please contact us.
Effective Date: September 1, 2013